It’s time for Commercial customers to get ready for storm season!
Spring and summer both bring severe weather like hurricanes, hail storms, thunderstorms, high winds, flooding, lightning and tornadoes.
Business owners should take action to prepare for severe weather before it arrives:
- Review and practice the company’s emergency action plan.
- Inspect, repair, maintain roofs, roof mounted equipment, gutters and roof drainage systems.
- Trim and thin trees, and maintain away from buildings.
- Install lightning and surge protection systems.
- Use shuttered or impact-rated windows.
- Repair any loose or damaged components such as siding, soffit, fascia, and brickwork.
When storms are expected, policyholders should pay close attention to weather reports. The National Weather Service (NWS) and other agencies offer various ways to stay on top of approaching storms and weather warnings. Business owners can reference https://www.weather.gov/about/
warning-dissemination for more information and resources.